Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima traveled all the way from Portugal to the Vatican, at the request of Pope Francis, who also consecrated the world once more to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on May 13th. The Pope has shown a great devotion to Mary, since the very first day of his pontificate.
The Holy Father received the statue on the afternoon of Saturday, October 12th, followed by a Marian talk. On Sunday, October 13th, the Pope offered the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in the presence of the Fatima Statue. After the Mass the pope recited the following Consecration of the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary before the Angelus.
|Statue at Fatima during visit of Benedict XVI in 2010|
Benedict XVI was also given some minutes to privately pray before the statue of Our Lady of Fatima, just after it arrived into the Vatican by helicopter. Benedict XVI visited the Fatima Shrine in 2010
Consecration Prayer of Pope Francis
October 13, 2013
|Crown with bullet taken from JPII in center|
with renewed gratitude for your maternal presence we join our voice to that of all the generations who call you blessed.
We celebrate in you the works of God,
who never tires of looking down with mercy
upon humanity, afflicted with the wound of sin,
to heal it and save it.
Accept with the benevolence of a Mother
the act of consecration that we perform today with confidence, before this image of you that is so dear to us. We are certain that each of us is precious in your eyes and that nothing of all that lives in our hearts is unknown to you.
We let ourselves be touched by your most sweet regard and we welcome the consoling caress of your smile. Hold our life in your arms:
bless and strengthen every desire for good;
revive and nourish faith; sustain and enlighten hope; awaken and animate charity; guide all of us along the path of holiness.
Teach us your own preferential love
for the little and the poor, for the excluded and the suffering, for sinners and the downhearted:
bring everyone under your protection and entrust everyone to your beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus. Amen. Zenet News [Translation by Joseph Trabbic]
Does the pope acknowledge a special need for this papal initiative at this time? Below Pope Pius XII Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, on October 31, 1942 just before major turning points in World War II. He did this as “Father of Christianity” as the representative of Christ, who has all power in heaven and on earth” Soon after this Consecration World War II started to go for the side of the allies.
While we are in the midst of a strange ominous government shutdown with its alleged threats of possible including a world-wide economic disaster if the United States defaults on their debt. This is indeed sufficient to warrant our concerns. Not withstanding the Syrian crisis and the list goes on....
One need not be a religious fanatic to think that today's world is headed towards a good lashing. Consequences of our own sins and omissions. Whatever in fact is the motivation for this act, I surely hope for our Lady's intercession in answer to the prayers of the Pope as he renews what past popes have already done, placing once more the world into her Immaculate Heart at this decisive hour.
The Collegial Consecration in 1984
Fatima Statue's last visit to Rome
Fatima Statue's last visit to Rome
For article and text of
Bl. John Paul II 1984 Collegial Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
|The statue's last visit to Rome for 1984 Collegial Consecration by John Paul II|
On October 31, 1942 just before major turning points in World War II he did so as “Father of Christianity” as the representative of Christ, who has all power in heaven and on earth”. The following, October 31, 1942 consecration was performed via a Portuguese radio broadcast, and then renewed again on December 8, 1942 in Rome.
Consecration of Pius XII of the World to Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Queen of the Holy Rosary,
Statue of Pope Pius XII at Fatima Shrine
- Help of the Christians,
- Refuge of the human race,
- Conqueress in God’s battlefields,
- To You and to Your Immaculate Heart
- In this tragic hour of human history
- We entrust and consecrate ourselves,
- And the Holy Church.
- She is the Mystical Body of Your Jesus,
- Suffering and bleeding in so many parts
- And tormented in so many ways,
- We consecrate to You the whole world torn by bitter strive
- And consumed by the fire of hatred
- The victim of its own wickedness.
- Look with compassion to all material and moral destruction
- To the suffering and fears of fathers and mothers
- Of husbands and wives, of brother and sisters and innocent children.
- Look at the many lives cut down in the flower of youth
- So many bodies torn to pieces in brutal slaughter
- So many souls tortured and troubled
- And in danger of being lost eternally.
- Oh, Mother of Mercy, obtain peace for us from God!
- Obtain especially those graces, which can convert human hearts quickly.
- Those graces, which can prepare, establish and insure peace.
- Queen of Peace, pray for us;
- Give the world at war the peace for which all are longing,
- Peace in Truth, Justice and the Charity of Christ.
- Give them peace of the arms and peace of mind,
- That in tranquility and order
- The Kingdom of God may expand.
- Grant Your protection to infidels
- And to those still walking in the shadow of death;
- Give them peace and permit that the sun of truth may raise upon them;
- And that together with us
- They may repeat before the Only Saviour of the World:
- Glory to God in the highest
- And peace on earth among men of good will (Lk2.14)
- Give peace to the people separated by error and schism,
- Particularly those, who have special devotion to You
- And among whom there was no home,
- Where Your venerable Icon was not honoured,
- Though at present it may be hidden
- In the hope for better days.
- Bring them back to the One Fold of Christ,
- Under the One True Shepherd.
- Obtain peace and complete liberty for the Holy Church of God,
- Check the spreading flood of neo-paganism,
- Arouse within the faithful love of purity
- The practice of Christian life and apostolic zeal,
- So that the people who serve God,
- May increase in merit and number.
- All of humanity were once consecrated to the Heart of Your Son.
- All our hopes rest in Him, Who is in all times
- Sign and pledge of victory and salvation.
- Forever we consecrate ourselves to You
- And to Your Immaculate Heart,
- Oh, Mother and Queen of the World!
- May Your love and patronage hasten the victory of the Kingdom of God,
- May all nations, at peace with each other and with God, proclaim You Blessed
- And sing with You from one end of the earth to the other,
- The eternal Magnificat of glory, love and gratitude
- To the Heart of Jesus, in which alone,
- They can find Truth, Life and Peace.-Amen
This post registered on Catholic Blogger linkup for October, 2013